Trigger: Calling EXE Program

From: Rose_SSS <Rose.Wehland_at_SunGardSS.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 23:12:31 GMT

I would like to know if it is possible to have a trigger call another executable program. I am using Oracle 7 on NT. Here is a better description of what I am trying to do:

A web based application updates a column in a Oracle table. When this column is updated, another application needs to perform some tasks. So, I need the trigger to determine if the column is being updated and if so, execute this application (or run a BAT file that execute the application) which resides on the same machine as the Oracle server. The trigger is complete once it starts the other application.

I'm not at all familiar with Oracle. I have searched the documentation, but did not not find much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:12:31 CST