Re: Best material to use for Oracle certification?

From: MV1 <bpremote1_at_bpremote1.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:13:24 -0500

<loud buzzing sound>
Thanks for playing !! We have some very nice parting gifts for you today !!

Wake up and smell the free coffee !! Oracle Education is fine for beginners, but the only real source of material for certification is

1. EXPERIENCE and
2. EXPERIENCE and
3. EXPERIENCE.

Then you can go and get the free test exams from the web or get the Oracle Press Certification Guide ($100) for just $9.99 from BooksOnline when you join the Library of Computers and Information Sciences. (I just saw that special and thought it was great).

There is no reason for someone to attempt to get certified if they do not have the background. Put in your time, get your experience, and then take the tests. People are now attempting to make Certification as casual as the old "Oracle Masters" certificates. All you had to do was take a bunch of courses and you were suddenly an "Oracle Master" ??? (What would Yoda say ???) Book learning is USELESS without the practical experience to back it up.

--
Alan E. Vervaeke
Oracle Certified Professional DBA