Replication in N Master-Site

From: Allen <allen500_at_ms15.hinet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 05:08:15 +0800

Hi, All:

  My customer had 2 DB with the same Schema in different machine (SID=A, B)   All they want to do is to duplicate some data (where condition was defined) from A To B, and they can do any I/O in both DB, and partial data will automatic replicate to each other.

  As I know, Oracle Snapshot can solve my problem, but B site must to be "View", but I can not drop their old schema  to recreate snapshot view for many reasons.

  I had builded the replcation definition and master-site already, and I tried to modify the trigger (Table$RR), but I can not make sure is there any bug or problem will be occurs, also I do not know how Oracle Replication will
start to execute these Triggers.

So, Can anyone give me some kind of suggestions to build 2 master-site for partial replication without
 using master-site -> snapshot-site? and Does Oracle or other 3rd Party develops other useful tools ?

 I am working on an Oracle 8.0.5.1 database running on SUN Spark

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lots

Best Regard,
Allen Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 15:08:15 CST