DB-independent SQL

From: Parker Sorenson <sparker_at_averstar.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:19:59 GMT

Hello,

Can somebody tell me what is the best way to go about writing all of your SQL statements so that they will be compatible with any DB server you use.

i.e., I want to develop a DB application that is portable to different database systems. I do the porting of the interfaces... but, how do i ensure that the SQL statments plugged into those interfaces are "accepted" by the target DB?

Is there a good resource for this somewhere?

any help is very much appreciated
-parker Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 15:19:59 CST