Re: Import problem

From: Andy Young <andy.young_at_12345pwgsc.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 14:18:19 -0500

I had the same thing yesterday. The .dmp file had an extra byte at the end of every line. This was probably caused by FTP adding a <CR> (x0d) . You can definitely import from 7.3 to 8.0, it is one of the recommended migration methods.

Oracle recommends that you redo the FTP using a binary transfer. I could not get another copy of the file.
I used Hexpert to convert every occurrence of x0a0d to x0a . It worked, but this is not recommended by Oracle.
http://www.psn.net/~mwoolsey/hexpert.html

| Andy Young               | The views expressed are my own and are not
|   Ottawa, Canada         |  those of PWGSC.
|  Public Works &          |

| Gov't Services Canada |