HP/UX SQL*Net Help Please

From: Mr. Science <science_at_raptor.cqi.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:00:08 GMT

Help!

I've got Oracle running on Suns, NTs, and an HP9000. I'm trying to make an app on the HP9000 connect to an Oracle database on an NT. When I checked for $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora, it wasn't there(!!). So I copied the file from one of the suns; to no avail. When I "sqlplus user/pwd_at_SVC", I still get

ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I've gone through the checklist that "oerr ora 12154" gives, i.e.

   tnsnames.ora is there, it's world readable; is $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin the right place?

   the service name is in there with no misspellings    there are no syntax errors in the file (I copied it from another system that works!)

Is there something whacked about the HP/.UX (relative to Solaris)? Is there some other place where it belongs? Help here in the NG, or via e-mail, would be greatly appreciated! Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 11:00:08 CST