Re: PLS-707 error?

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:24:35 -0800

ext: unsupported construct or internal error [%s]

-
  Cause: If this error occurs during compilation:

          (1) It can indicate that an remote-procedure call is being compiled to a remote program with a parameter-type or parameter default-value

              expression that is not supported at the calling site.

          (2) Or it can occur when an incomplete upgrade or downgrade has been made to a database with stored procedures, i.e., the upgrade or

              downgrade may require particular versions of system packages (e.g., STANDARD.SQL, DBMSSTDX.SQL, etc.) to be installed, and

              this error may occur if the incorrect versions of those packages are installed.

          (3) In some cases, a compiler bug will be reported through this error message. In such cases, legal PL/SQL syntax fails to compile, and this

                error message is given instead.

          If this error happens during execution:

          (4) This message could also be generated during PL/SQL execution
in which case it could be a real internal error.

  Action: The following are actions for dealing with the above issues:

          (1) RPC is not supported to a remote program with a type or default-value that is not supported at the local site. The programmer must

              change the logic of the application to use parameter-types and expressions that are supported at both sites.

          (2) If you get this error on an incomplete upgrade or downgrade, it should remind you to complete the upgrade or downgrade process.

          (3) Please report to Oracle any errors on legal PL/SQL syntax. If the line and column numbers displayed with the error message are non-

              zero, they may help you to find a workaround for the bug until a fix is available.

              For example, you may be able to recode that line to avoid the bug. (If the line and column are zero, then the compiler cannot report

              on which line of your program the error occurred.)

          (4) Report the internal error to your Support Rep.

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"