PLS-707 error?

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 07:09:07 -0800

Using Oracle 8.0.5 on NT

I wrote a function and an anonymous block to capture and display the function result.

The function compiles fine and executes fine (within the stored block) if I'm connected as the user who created the function.

I grant execute to another user.

When I try to run the anonymous block as another user (either one with privileges, or even system) I get a PLS-707 Unsupported construct, or internal error (2601). I get the same error if I try to call the function from Delphi.

I have a tar with Oracle support and have looked at the metalink documentation and can't seem to get resolution.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

-greg