Re: Archive Logs

From: John Chiu <johnymc_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 06:53:31 -0500

  1. cold backup your current database datafiles and redos.
  2. restore your backup database files and all your backup archivelogs for the past three weeks and perform a database recovery. This will roll forward all your transactions and recover your database to the point of disaster.
  3. open database with resetlogs.
  4. shutdown the database and perform a cold backup of all your database files.
  5. startup database if you have a hot backup and all the related archivelogs then you can perform the recovery on the tablespaces in concern. This will take less time.

HTH John Chiu