Re: advanced replication

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:42:47 -0800

Replication requires a network connection, otherwise you can't get the data from one to the other. Also, the only way you can do the replication from server 1 to main server then on to 2, 3 and 4 is if server 1 is an updatable snapshot off main server, then 2 is another master. You can do time based replication, but not from one server to another then to another and so on. It's just unsupported.

HTH. Pete