Re: questions about the data file of SQL*Loader

From: Parvinder Singh <parora_at_questone.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 06:15:47 GMT

Hi mary

mary_sun_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi, there. I think there are several rules for the data file that
> SQL*Loader can use. I have some questions about the data file of
> SQL*Loader.
>
> 1. Can I use the '\t' as the delimiter of the fields in the data file?

no u cant use the '\t' delimiter as far as i know the whole point is that in your control file you state the number of each and every field of the database
something like this
Number (02:10) - that means number field is from column 2 to column 10 so if there is a tab befor this field it will cause an error while loading the data so its better to use spaces

> 2. There are some fields in the data file which are not directly
> referred to the columns in the table. How could I skip this kind of
> fields?

dont mention about those fields in the control file

> 3. If the value of the column in the table is the result of calculating
> some fields in the data file, can I use SQL*Loader to load the data
> file into the table?

no i dont think u can do that

> Any reply would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Mary Sun
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Regards
Parvinder Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 00:15:47 CST