Size and performace of Oracle 8

From: Tim Read <tread_at_flog.uned.es>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:05:54 +0100

We are thinking of using Oracle 8 (enterprise version) for Linux to manage data from our research group. I would therefore like to know:

  1. How big is the Oracle instalation on a UNIX platform (approx.)?
  2. We have about 500 Megs of data to store in the database. Will it respond ok with this amount of data inside?

Many thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can give. I woukld appreciate answers by email if at all posible.

Regards,

Tim (tread_at_flog.uned.es) Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 11:05:54 CST