Re: Load Indicator error

From: jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:45:27 GMT

I have just solved the problem!!!!

Do not use MTS with 8i on Linux. Instead, use a dedicated server (instead of shared sever or MTS) process for 8i on Linux. I guess the basic answer here is that in Linux, there is no such thing as threads (am I correct???), but everything is a process. (The same thing with Java - native threads really are processes).

I have been insisting all the while with a shared server process (MTS) installation. It also dawned on me to READ the MTS architecture on the 8i documentation (not bundled with 8i EE Linux CDROM, but bundled with the 8i EE NT CDROM), and there it mentioned:

Restricted Operations of the Multi-Threaded Server

Certain administrative activities cannot be performed while connected to a dispatcher process, including shutting down or starting an instance and
media recovery. An error message is issued if you attempt to perform these activities while connected to a dispatcher process.

These activities are typically performed when connected with administrator privileges. When you want to connect with administrator privileges in a
system configured with multi-threaded servers, you must state in your connect string that you want to use a dedicated server process (SRVR=DEDICATED) instead of a dispatcher process.

             Additional Information:

             See your Oracle operating-system-specific documentation or the Net8 Administrator's Guide for the proper connect

             string syntax.

I never tried specifying SERVER=DEDICATED in my tnsnames.ora ('coz I didn't have one!!), but I did try commenting the MTS_ entries in my init.ora file, but I get the same result -- ORA-01012: not logged in.

So, I decided deleted everything and reinstalled and told DB Config Assistant to generate scripts for a dedicated server installation.

Note that, in my case, I never had to unset NLS_LANG.

John

In article <8220ot$fg2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Yasha,
>
> Were you able to solve this??? I have the same problem.
>
> In my case, it happens when I 'startup nomount pfile=<pfile>' via
> svrmgrl. It says "instance started. " Followed by a "ORA-01012: Not
> logged in"
>
> Looking at the alert file, I found the exact same message. Isn't OER
> must be one of the processes that has to be started, but somehow
failed.

> John Salvo
>
> n article <3841de01.219715_at_news.hypersurf.com>,
> yasha_at_hypersurf.com wrote:
> > Folks -
> >
> > Can anyone interpret the Load Indicator error shown below?
> >
> > OER 536879337 in Load Indicator : Error Code = 570716328 !
> >
> > It occurs in PMON at 'startup nomount' and gets written into
> > admin/dbname/bdump/alert_XYZ1.log
> > Stracing doesn't help too much. It's O8i 8.1.5 under RH6.0
> >
> > Thnx.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 22:45:27 CST