8i/RH6.1 Load Indicator not supported by OS !

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:32:43 -0800

I have just noticed that on my newly installed 8i/RH6.1 system, the alert log (/u01/app/oracle/admin/<xxx>/bdump/alert_<xxx>.log) is filling up with the message "Load Indicator not supported by OS !". I am getting a new one about every 30 seconds even though I'm not doing anything in the database right now.

I couldn't find information on this error on Altavista, Google, Technet, Deja, or in any of my 4,000 pages of Oracle books!

Does anyone know where this is coming from and how I can stop it?

Greg

--

Gregory McCann
http://www.calypteanna.com

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." Saint Philo of Alexandria Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 16:32:43 CST