replicate db data other than with snapshots?

From: David Spaisman <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:50:18 -0500

Hello:

I am working on an Oracle 8.0.4 database running on NT 4.0, sp4.

We have soem users in Canada who are very unhappy with response time, among other things, and have requested that we give them a spearate database which should be replicated from our current one. This is based more upon the application design than anything else and this application was purchased from a vendor.

I have been researching how snapshots with databaae links work and I can see a myriad of problems since "replication" would have be several times a day for all 130 tables in the database.

Exports and imports would not work duer to the frequency neded.

Does Oracle provide any other means to perform such replication or duplicating the data? How?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. THanks.

DAvid Spaisman Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 15:50:18 CST