Re: Using split and pipe to avoid 2 GB file size limit on HP-UX for exports

From: <jinyingxu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:29:53 GMT

Hi Eric:

2 years ago I had same problem in one of my production database; the way I fixed it was create two FIFO pipes to compress then split export result if you are interesting do that way please let me know I send my script over.

Regards,
JEFF
In article <820pde$kjj$1_at_nntp3.atl.mindspring.net>,   "Fender" <efender_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I saw a procedure to do this posted here a couple months ago. It
involved
> creating a FIFO pipe and split file. I have an export that has now
grown
> past 2 GB. I can change the file systems to allow files greater than
2 GB,
> but some utilities (gzip, tar) do not work with files that large. If
> someone could repost the procedure, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 15:29:53 CST