Migrate data from FAT files to an Oracle DB.

From: Dominic Cribbin <dominic.cribbin_at_cognotecSTOPSPAM.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:50:23 -0000

Hi,

Has any one migrated FAT files containing chunks of data into an Oracle Database table ? I need to define and write (if possible) a tool/script that will take a FAT file and covert its data to a suitable format before being brought into an Oracle database.

We have an old VMS system that writes new records to a FAT file (one fat file per table). Does anyone knew of any tools that would make this conversion possible ? Can this be done through a SQL script ??

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

D. Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 10:50:23 CST