Oracle Home (terminology)

From: Sanford <sanfordross_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:14:30 -0700

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I am having problems determining what is meant by "Oracle Home" (on NT 4.0).

  1. My oracle home path is "c:\oracle\ora81". Is this considered Oracle Home ... or is it Ora81?
  2. When instructions direct me to install Developer tools into c:\ORANT but to make sure that Oracle Home is DEFAULT_HOME, how do I set this up. The installation only prompts me for the path to Oracle Home. Is there a separate Registry entry that I need to change after install?

Thanks in advance, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Sanford Ross Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 10:14:30 CST