Re: cloning instance from box A to box B

From: MohammedB <mohammedbNOmoSPAM_at_iadb.org.invalid>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:11:29 -0800

Saugato,

That's pretty much the process that we are using with Oracle 7.3.3.5. So far, we have not had any problems. We do this on the same machine as well as on seperate machines. Only problem if you do this on the same machine is that the source db has to be down. I posted a question on this just yesterday as to why the source has to be down and got a couple of very good answers.

hth

mkb