OAS DTC for Transactions

From: <anupj_at_anup.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:08:42 GMT

Can somebody help me with a very precise environment and settings that are required for setting up the Transaction facility for a PL/SQL Cartridge Application in OAS 4.0.7?

I have set the following parameters in my InitOrcl.ora file:

global_name = false # I have tried TRUE as well. db_name = oracle
db_domain = in.tirm.com

In OAS 4.0.7:

When a Database Access Descriptor named dtc_t is created, I set the TRANSACTIONS properties for this DAD as following:

Distributed Transactions: Enabled

Database Type		: Oracle8
Lock Time Out		: 600
Global DB Name		: oracle.in.tirm.com

These TRANSACTIONS properties are accepted successfully.

When creating the Distributed Transactions Coordinator, the DAD name is automatically included in the set of parameters. But, the DTC is not created successfully. An error message is reported as

OWS-29084. Illegal Global Database Name. Cannot create the database link from this dtc to access global data.

What is wrong?

TIA. Anup.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 08:08:42 CST