Re: Cloning Databases

From: MohammedB <mohammedbNOmoSPAM_at_iadb.org.invalid>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:32:25 -0800

James,

No, the init.ora file does not have the same database name as the live database. This is confirmed because we can bring both databases up after the cloning process. But your observation on the file headers having the same db name as the live one makes sense. If thats the case, then I think the clone will not work without the live db being down for the duration of the creation of the new instance.

Thanks

mkb