Re: oracle enterprise or standarad edition ?

From: Hohbeje B. <hohbeje_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:33:32 GMT

  ronny golan <ronnyg_at_ibm.net> wrote:
> I am going to buy an Oracle DB, and I would like to know if to buy the
> standard or enterprise edition.
>
> I would like to know when is it worth to buy the enterprise edition
> (e.g. is it a matter of the number of transactions, the size etc.). I
> also need to buy their Spatial support - is it only included in the
> enterprise edition or is does the standard edition include it too ?

In the Oracle Documentation "Getting to Know Oracle8i, Release 8.1.5" Chapter 4 "Oracle8i Feature and Option Availability" you have some information you need: the Features and Options for standard and EE edition.

This is the Option list (this is an extract, not the full text):

8i 8iEE Option

N	Y	Oracle Advanced Security
N	Y	Oracle Change Management Pack
N	Y	Oracle Diagnostics Pack
Y	Y	Oracle interMedia
Y	N	Oracle JServer
N 	Y 	Oracle JServer Enterprise Edition
N	Y	Oracle JServer Enterprise Edition Accelerator
N 	Y 	Oracle Parallel Server
N 	Y 	Oracle Partitioning
Y 	Y 	Oracle Programmer
N 	Y 	Oracle Spatial
Y	N	Oracle Standard Management Pack
Y	Y	Oracle Time Series
N	Y	Oracle Tuning Pack
N 	Y 	Oracle Visual Information Retrieval
Y	Y	Oracle WebDB

For the "Spatial Option" you need EE edition. I'm on a Spatial project.
Keep in touch!

Hohbeje B.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 10:33:32 CST