Re: 8i installation problems on linux

From: Wim Valgaeren <valgaeren_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:39:19 +0100

We had the same problem. You probably haven't got the correct version of the JRE. You need version 1.1.6v5, downloadable at www.blackdown.org. For more explanation how we succeeded to install oracle 8i in Linux, go to http://pc3.cereus.uia.ac.be/cereus/ and look under technical guides > how to's > linux red hat > oracle 8i

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Wim Valgaeren