8i installation problems on linux

From: Dirk Lerner <gof_at_nikocity.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:38:52 GMT

Hi,

I tried to install Oracle 8i on SuSE-Linux 6.2. But if I try to start ./runInstaller I always get this errormessage:

./runInstaller
Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (in english: File or directory not found)

I have created all mountpoints.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Dirk Lerner Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 03:38:52 CST