Need Help With Index Rebuild

From: Joe Ramsey <OracleWiz_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:03:51 -0500

I have taken over several Oracle 7.3.4 databases. There are a number of indexes that were created with
something like INITIAL 110M NEXT 1M PCTINCREASE 0.

The DBA decided to change next to 20M to slow down the rate at which segments are being created.
Performace isn't too big of an issue since these databases are being phased out. The extents are almost
full and I want to rebuild the index and size it correctly. There are currently 250 segments used. Is there
any way I can determine how large each of the segments belonging to this index are so I can get a good
estimate of how much INITIAL and NEXT should be?

Thanks,

Joe Ramsey
Database Administrator
Cintas Corporation

ramseyj_at_cintasmail.com Received on Sun Nov 28 1999 - 22:03:51 CST