problem with RMAN

From: Norman Mueller <nm_at_berlin.snafu.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 02:44:57 +0100

Hello,

I want to setup rman for backup and recovery. The problem is that I can't start
it on our Solaris box. We use Oracle 8.0.5. I always get the following message:

RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-00552: syntax error in command line arguments RMAN-01005: syntax error: found "identifier": expecting one of: "allocate,
beginline, catalog, change, connect, create, delete, exit, endinline, host, {, library, list, print, register, release,
replace, report, reset, resync, rman, rpctest , run, set, sql, test"
RMAN-01008: the bad identifier was: rman RMAN-01007: at line 2 column 1 file: command line arguments

I have tried to start rman with and without command line arguments but the
result is always the same. Does anyone know why????

thanx for your help. Received on Sat Nov 27 1999 - 19:44:57 CST