Upgrading Oracle 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 on Solaris

From: Thor Morten Kopaas <thor_at_geodata.no>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:20:38 +0100

Hei,

Is there anyone who knows what the "Upgrade Database Objects" in the installer (7.3.4) program really do. Does it make actual changes to data database files or does it only make changes in the system tables or what? I am about to upgrade a fairly large database, 30GB, and would like to have an idea on how long it is going to take. I did the same process on a much smaller database (< 1GB) and it did take about 20 minutes to finish. If the the size of the database has a big impact on the time it takes, it could take a while to update it.

Thanks,

Thor Morten Received on Sat Nov 27 1999 - 10:20:38 CST