Re: After Recovery: ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 07:57:19 -0800

Verify the "compatible" setting. This should be set to a version equal to or lower than the current version being migrated. Also make sure the "ifile" parameter is valid. It should point to a valid "config<sid>.ora" file.Some of the parameters present in Oracle7 are obsolete in Oracle8 like :

INIT_SQL_FILES,
LM_DOMAINS,
LM_NON_FAULT_TOLERANT,

PARALLEL_DEFAULT_MAX_SCANS,
PARALLEL_DEFAULT_SCANSIZE,
SEQUENCE_CACHE_HASH_BUCKETS,

SERIALIZABLE,
SESSION_CACHED_CURSORS Also these errors occur if the Advanced Networking Option is installed. When the
objects are being created the Installer assumes a database is already in place
and is running. If the Advanced Networking Option is installed and you are creating a database using the 8.0 installer do the following:
  1. Bring up the Installer and create the database objects for the RDBMS option first.
  2. Exit the Installer when this is finished.
  3. Bring the Installer back up and create the database objects for the other products installed.

Solution Explanation:

By doing this you have created the database that is needed for the creation of the Advanced Networking Option database objects

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"