After Recovery: ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNOSPAM_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:07:37 GMT

hi All,

I have ftp'ed uncompressed and untarred one of my DB's Mistakenly tried to open it with 7.3, but it complained about some variables not being properly set, then I realized that it was an 8.0.5 backup, so I installed 8.0.5, and initially it was complaining about not having enough memory, and now this.

ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

Docs aren't saying anything useful

ORA-01078: failure in processing initialization parameters Cause: A failure occurred during processing of the initialization parameters during system startup.

Action: Refer to the diagnostic information in the accompanying message stack and take appropriate action.

The permissions seem to be set right, ownership as well. The only thing that is different is that these files used to reside on 2.6 Solaris, but were restored to a 2.7 Solaris, which shouldn't be a problem Received on Sat Nov 27 1999 - 02:07:37 CST