Re: loading Data from a flat file

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 01:03:01 -0500

Hi,

    If you have a delimited file and there is one field for each column in the table and the fields are in the same order as the columns are in the table you wish to load SQL*Loader can handle the input file without having explicit column names.

hth
jerry gitomer

Anurag wrote in message
<000b8d9b.3bd4771e_at_usw-ex0102-014.remarq.com>...
|Hi,
|Does anyone know how to load data from a flat file.
|I know that sql loader does this but you have to specify the
column
|names. I am looking for something generic .
|
|Any help will be appreciated.
|
|Thanks
|Anurag
|
|also reply at
|anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com
|

|* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's
Discussion Network *
|The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in
Usenet - Free!