Re: cumulative versus incremental export

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 06:59:18 +0100

You are confusing FULL=Y (which only takes the whole database) and INCTYPE=, which determines which set of changes to export/ Look at the following scenario
Suppose you take a FULL, COMPLETE export on Monday. (FULL=Y, INCTYPE=COMPLETE)
On Tuesday you take an INCREMENTAL (FULL=Y, INCTYPE=INCREMENTAL). This will contain all that changed between the two exports. On Wednesday you take another incremental. This will contain anything that changed between Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Thursday you take a cumulative, (FULL=Y, INCTYPE=CUMULATIVE). This will contain ALL changes from the last complete export, so everything between Monday and Thursday.
And so on...

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA