Request for help with SQLNET for RDB

From: Arno Disser <arno-disser-nospam_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 00:00:19 +0100

Currently we are running our core applications on RDB7 on OpenVMS for VAX and Alpha.
New application are build against a Oracle7 database on OpenVMS for Alpha Data connection between them is realised with a db-link form Oracle7 to RDB7 using SQLNET for RDB because highly current data is required.

Given problem : Joining a table in Oracle7 with a (over this db-link available) table in RDB with a equation on date-fields (in RDB a date-vms) is generating a ORA-00602 (internal procedure error) : call customer support :-(

All kind of tests are run with all kinds of to_char and to_date variations. Still no results.
Apparently the Dutch Customer Support has no experience with this situation; don't know wheiter the are escalating to more experienced support centres or not.
Time is NOT on my side : two of the new applications are Y2K solutions, ported from a old HP.

DB-snapshots or other daily replication of data function are being considered by management and probably will be used in case there is no direct solution. Rather soon the original setup will have to work though; other and even more demanding applications are being designed on the basis of the availability of 'real-time' RDB data.

So : can you help me : please do.

---

Used versions :

OpenVMS (both VMS and AXP) 7.1