Re: Will NT handle 150 concurrent Oracle Users?

From: Jim Kennedy <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:57:39 -0800

And what might those 150 users be doing?

It is a very open-ended question. What are the specs on the box? What is your i/o rate? What is your i/o rate on each drive? What are the limits of i/o on each drive? What types of queries? How much ram? Are you going to be using host variables in the application, ad hoc queries, no host variables? In short there is no simple answer. I have seen two users with poorly written queries not using host variables bring a server to its knees. I have seen well written applications, and properly configured servers handle over a thousand users.

Again it really depends.
Jim