Re: PROC 8.1.5 on Linux : A nightmare

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:21:20 -0500

We ran into similar problems with Pro*C on Linux.

We had to move anything including <math.h> to a separate "C" only file, as Pro*C doesn't handle some of the strange preprocessor statements.

Also, we had to move all Pro*C source into a single file to get rid of the cursor/bind error. This was porting code that worked without problem on solaris. It seems that they are not handling global/static data correctly. Luckily, we were just trying to run some tests, and not a real application.

For #5, are you sure you have "into :my_int" in the statement? Also, the fix for #4 may have some impact on this.

Peter