Re: ORA-04167 Sort key too long

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:52:13 -0000

Hi
I am sure either you are trying to create the index by a parallel option or while the table is being used by other users, specially being updated. This is something similar to "Snapshot too Old" problem when oracle can not keep a long enough read-consistant snapshot of the table to finish the job. If you craete the index in restricted database mode I think it won't complain. regards
reza