Re: loading Data from a flat file

From: Haghkhah Majid <majid.haghkhah_at_synes.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:06:23 +0100

Hello,

One possible way.
If your file is not big, just read the file to Access database. Then use the Oracle accsess immigration tool to immgrate the file to oracle.

I have done it and it is rather easier than SQL loader.

Hope this helps?

Anurag wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to load data from a flat file.
> I know that sql loader does this but you have to specify the column
> names. I am looking for something generic .
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Anurag
>
> also reply at
> anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com

HAGHKHAH MAJID
SYNES N.V
I & I
KAPEELDREEF 60
B-3001 Heverlee Belgium
Tel : +32 - 16 - 298455
GSM: +32- 477 - 575029
Fax : +32 - 16 -298319 Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 06:06:23 CST