Oracle Backup with ARCServe Problem

From: John de Sousa <jdesousa_at_ikedahoover.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:49:49 -0000

Hi,

We use oracle 7.3.4 with ARCServe 2.2b on Sun Solaris 2.6. We have the following problem:

When we configure the DBAgent it asks several questions , eg,

Would you like database "IHL_DB" in "/oracle7/oracle7_home"

to be included in backup? (y/n)             yes
Enter the Oracle account name :          ??????????
Enter the Oracle user/password:          ??????????

We have tried various combinations of responses but the log file in arcserve indicates that the process has failed ,eg,

Failed to open table space list, id 1,

It also creates a core file in /opt/dbagent

I have tried to get support for this from Computer Associates but they are not very responsive......

Any help very much appreciated

Thanks

John

jdesousa_at_ikedahoover.com Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 05:49:49 CST