Run ANALYZE regularly?

From: Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:10:37 GMT

I am wondering the pros and cons of running ANALYZE regularly?

We have one OLTP and one data warehouse in production. I found the optimizer is set to choose but ANALYZE is not run regulaly. I plan to run ANALYZE regularly against both system. But before I run it, I want to get some suggestion from experienced people?

1). Should I run ANALYZE reguarly against both OLTP and DSS system?

2). From Oracle Performance workshop, it is recommended to run ANALYZE regularly for DSS system, but my DSS database is too big, it takes long, long time to finish it. What should I do?

3). What is the optimal interval between each run?

4). Any other stuff I should pay attention to?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Brian

Any other suggestion

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 22:10:37 CST