Re: Oracle 8.0.5 Optimiser

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:08:33 GMT

Hi.

 Somewhere I saw a chart saying that Oracle is lowering the percentage  limit of FULL table scans from one version to another.  I don't remember correct values, but I think it was about 15% in 7.3,  9-11% in 8.0 and 5-6% in 8.1.

 My tech.support people told me to use optimezer_goal = first_rows  in my init.ora to "push" optimizer in using indexes.

 HTH. Michael.

In article <81jpg8$ro1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   canningt_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from V7.3.4 on my test &
> production box to V8.0.5. In doing so have
> noticed diferences in the execution plan of the
> optimiser ie in production a simple 3 table query
> performs full table scans whereas on test it uses
> indexes. 3 tables have been identically created
> on test and production with the same indexes and
> foriegn keys and stats have been computed on
> indexes and tables on both machines and tables
> contain the same number of rows but the execution
> plans are different. Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 15:08:33 CST