Waiting Problem

From: Lynux <lynux_at_netvigator.com>
Date: 25 Nov 1999 17:20:04 GMT

I am facing a problem of determining which user makes the others waiting for her process to finish.

Recently, it was found, through the v$session and v$locked_object, that several users are waiting for a long time without any response. And I knew that someone is doing some jobs such as "truncate table" that hold all the resource from others to do something like creating table or dropping table.

However, I can only location which sessions are waiting for each others but didn't know who was the creator of such issue.

So, I want to ask are there any dba tables or views that can show me who is the one making others session waiting for a long time?

Moreover, could anyone suggest how I can tune the database to avoid this resource holding problem?

Thanks in Advance! Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 11:20:04 CST