Re: Problem to use the Instance Manager

From: <alex_nikiforenko_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:43:54 GMT

In article <s3orrsltrrp45_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Zhanna Zhitomirsky" <zzhitomirsky_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, gurus!
> I have Oracle8 on Windows NT.
> I had ,by default, several uaernames and passwords :
> INTERNAL,SYSTEM,SYS.
> Somehow I lost or changed INTERNAl username or it's password.
> I understood it after unsuccessful try to use Instance Manager (OEM):
> I can't change Status of Database (e.g. shut down ).
> How can I fix this situation?
> Where can I find internal username and it's password?
> Thanks
> Eugeny

Hi,

you cannot change INTERNAL username or its password. It is specified only during database creation. But if your Oracle server starts successfuly you can find out the password of the INTERNAL user from the following file:

<ORACLE_HOME>\DATABASE\strt<SID>.cmd

It contains a record like this:

<ORACLE_HOME>\bin\oradim80.exe -startup -sid <SID> -usrpwd <INTERNAL_PASSWORD> -starttype srvc,inst -pfile f:\oracledb\initrs.ora

Best regards,
Alex Nikiforenko.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 06:43:54 CST