Oracle 8i on TruCluster

From: Chi Sim Tang <chisim_at_amoeba.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:19:23 +0800

Hi,

We are trying to install Oracle 8i (v8.1.5.0.0) on a 2-node Compaq TruCluster running Tru64 Unix 4.0F with a shared channel. We intend to do a active-active setup where both nodes are running a Oracle instance and handling their own databases but would failover via TruCluster if a node dies so as to achieve high availability.

For node 1 which is expected to be heavily utilised, we created shared volumes, ora1_02 (the datafiles) and ora1_03 (the redo logs, control files and archive) on separate disks. The Oracle software is installed on ora1_01 which is a local volume.

For node 2 (not expected to have heavy usage), we have ora2_01 which is local containing the software, and ora2_02 which is a shared volume to contain all the datafiles, logs, etc.

The DBAssist program has problems creating custom installation, so we installed typical and then moved the datafiles and log files manually to the respective volumes.

We have no idea how to proceed further at this point and are wondering if anyone has done the same or similar setup and could offer any advice to help us along. Any gotchas we need to be looking out for will be really appreciated. :)

TIA! Chi Sim Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 05:19:23 CST