Re: Will NT handle 150 concurrent Oracle Users?

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:15:54 GMT

Hi,

 this is certainly possible - but very application dependend.  Your best bet is to ask the application vendor. - any advise based  on the information you give is probably wrong.

 another important thing to consider is availability.  NT tends to need more schedules downtime. (depending on the actual  environment though)

 Sorry, can't give references.

Karsten

In article <81hcov$7kb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   raog_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I do understand the fact that UNIX would outperform NT,
> but considering the limited UNIX skills in our
> organization, does anyone know of any successful
> sites that have implemented ORacle on NT with
> 150 or more concurrent users? If so, would somebody
> list those sites if possible.
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 04:15:54 CST