Q: Connection String

From: Thenardier <thenardier_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:53:15 GMT

Hi all,

I know that the connection string format looks like this:

This string assumes a client-server model.

What if I'am using the client program and the database is in the same machine? Will the string be in this way?

<DB type>:username/password

in which protocol, servername and instance are missed out.

Thanx for ur hints.

Thenard
--
Got a problem? Ask me, i'll make u a tragedy. :P

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 03:53:15 CST