Re: Disconnect problem (process still alive)

From: Carl DiPasquale <cdipasqu_at_visteon.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:01:19 -0500

There is a bug in version 8.0.5.0.0 that occurs with distributed transactions containing PL/SQL commits. (See GSX Problem - Solution No: 1011386.6 and Note:62301.1 (search metalink for error code 18208)).

Look to see if the serial numbers in v$session are incrementing for any of the sessions. If so, you'll probably get an ora-30 if you try to kill the session from OEM, Server Manager or the command line. I was able to eliminate the problem by installing patch set 8.0.5.1.0.

Good luck!

Carl DiPasquale
Oracle DBA
Visteon Corporation