(Problem solved) Re: oracle8i linux installation (class java/lang/Thread not found!)

From: jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:38:21 GMT

I found out the problem. Looking at installerActions.log, the OUI was spawning the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant with a classpath of /usr/local/jre/lib/rt.jar.

However, the runtime classes of blackdown's 1.1.6v5 are NOT in rt.jar but in classes.zip. So I made a link:

ln -s classes.zip rt.jar

And it worked. However, I still got some message saying: "No character sets found" or something like that, but Oracle Database Configuration Assistant still continued.

About the ibm 1.1.8 jdk, I tried it but is does not have the -green parameter (for green threads), so it did not work. Well, I could have removed the -green parameter from the oracle scripts. Hmmmm...

John Salvo

In article <81i0f5$lmv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I tried installing Oracle 8i EE for Linux (on RedHat 6.0, kernel
2.12).
> When configuring Database Configuration Assistant, it said "class
> java/lang/Thread not found".
>
> I was using blackdown's 1.1.6 v5 jdk.
>
> Has anyone else tried using IBM's jdk 1.1.8?? Any feedback?? Does it
fix
> the problem and is it faster?
>
> I'll try it anyway.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Salvo
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 20:38:21 CST