Re: Totally Confused ---XML and Data exchange

From: no spam <no_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:47:14 GMT

XML is good for sending groups of information. - for example all the payroll information on 1 employee - in other words sending many master-detail sets in 1 file This makes it good for exchanging

    compliacted data between applications in a single file.

It can be used for flat file transfers but would only slow things down.  In summay i recommend XML for trasfer of sets of data, for wholesale transfer of data , normal text files and SQL loader work best