how to rebuild index after direct path load?

From: <hkpang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:43:58 GMT

Hi,

I need to upload a huge dataset into an existing table. If the dataset contains duplicate keys, I want to the delete the old ones already in the table.

My current approach is using sqlldr direct path. Since the data contains duplicate keys, the primary key index is violated and put in direct load state afterward.

Now my problem is how to rebuild the index *and* eliminate the duplicates?

  1. use a delete command to eliminate the duplicates. this kind of works but the performance is unacceptable. i potentially have millions to delete.
  2. drop the index before upload, reenable the index with exceptions going to an exception table. the probelm is that both the old rows and the new rows are in the table, there is no way I can figure out which one to eliminate.

Any suggestions???

Many thanks for making a happy thanksgiving possible. :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 12:43:58 CST