LRM-00105: 'log' is not a legal boolean for 'log_archive_start'

From: Dominic Cribbin <dominic.cribbin_at_cognotecSTOPSPAM.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:57:13 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to set my database to use automatic ARCHIVELOG. I have followed the instructions from the Server Help i.e.

1. shutdown DB
2. startup mount
3. alter database archivelog
4. modify the init.ora file i.e. uncomment 'log_archive_start = true', 'log
archive_dest =....', and 'log_archive_format = arch_%t_%s.dbf' options. 5. alter database open.

Each of these steps excute ok without any errors. However I noticed that no archive log files have been created in my destination. At the moment the volumes of data is small going into the db (one nightly batch job of about 400 - 600 records into two main tables) so I realise that the redo logs will not be growing substancially ...

But the real issue I have is when I shutdown the database and try to it up as normal (after performing the above steps). I get these errors : LRM-00105: 'log' is not a legal boolean for 'log_archive_start' ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

I am using an Oracle8i DB on a SunSolaris box with UNIX. So I thought that it required the word "true" in caps but the same error. Has anyone seen this before !!!! I would be very gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 09:57:13 CST