Oracle iFS, does it work?

From: Alexander Staubo <earlybird_at_mop.no>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:47:12 +0100

I've read all the adspeak about Oracle 8i's "iFS" -- does it work? Is it any good? What kind of XML-specific features does it provide?

Does it come with the 8i product or is it an optional add-on? (Sorry, I couldn't find any specific information on the Oracle's web site, which is a mess and, ironically, a pain to search.)

My biggest concern regarding iFS is that it's touted as being written in Java. Unless large parts have been implemented in native code, this doesn't sound like a recipe for speed.

--
Alexander Staubo http://www.mop.no/~alex/ "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Philip K. Dick Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 08:47:12 CST